Gescan is a proud member of the Sonepar Canada family, one of the largest electrical distribution networks in the world. With 60 years of industry experience, Gescan continues to provide quality electrical services and products across Western Canada. Gescan started out as a division of Canadian General Electric Co. Ltd. (CGE) in the 1920’s and was known as GE Supply Sales and Distribution. Later, this division was given the acronym Gescan for General Electric Supply Canada in 1975 and the name was used even after CGE sold the operations to BRE Electric in 1983, then subsequently to Sonepar in October 1989.
Currently, Gescan has twenty-six branches located in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba and a single location in Thunder Bay, Ontario. Gescan has always had passion for industrial automation and controls but products and services, such as energy management & electrical products, are also made available for residential and commercial contractors and end-users.
Gescan, in an effort to reach a bigger market created departments with different specializations. The departments are as follows:
- Lighting. To help customers, Gescan has created this department for all lighting needs of all sectors: residential, commercial, and industrial. Gescan lighting specialists can work hand in hand with customers to achieve an efficient lighting system. Gescan even offers “green” lighting system that is at par with environmental standards.
- Data Communications. Modern society requires tools, equipment and fixtures that can keep up with the fast pace of technology. Gescan forged partnerships with top manufacturers in the industry in order to provide its clients with wider choices for data communications needs.
- Health and Safety. Worksite injuries cost a fortune and must be avoided. Gescan can assist organizations in creating effective health and safety management systems by providing various innovative and cost-effective products that can assure healthy and safe workplaces.
- Lifestyle. Residential end users have dedicated Gescan people to help with lifestyle needs such as automation of lights, distributed audio and even wireless internet camera installations in and around homes.
- Tools. The right tools are essential for electrical contractors for efficient work output. Gescan is able to provide these tools for increased productivity and savings.
- Industrial and Automation. Gescan have strategically allied ourselves with world-class suppliers to enable us to provide the high level of service required in this demanding sector of the market. We have a strong base of technical expertise and responsive inside sales staff to make your sales experience with us pleasurable.
Gescan is indeed one of this country’s leading distributors of electrical products, with solid experts in many of the key markets in Canada. Let our team of processionals be your team of professionals now and in the future.