Gescan, a leader in the distribution of electrical supplies and equipment with 24 branches spanning throughout British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario, is looking for a self-motivated and results-oriented COUNTER SALES ASSOCIATE to join our team and be a part of an exciting business unit within Gescan.
Responsible for providing excellent service to customers who visit the branch to either place orders, and/or pickup their product requirements.
- Filling orders and ensure they are completed in a timely manner.
- Informing customer and/or the Sales Department of any issues that might occur with filling product requested.
- Continuously updating Branch Manager of customer interests and issues.
- Entering sales order for product(s) selected by the customer and ensuring all materials have been entered accordingly and documentation is complete within the close of sale.
- Assisting customers with identifying the specific product they are looking for based on their requirements and suggesting alternatives if required and/or up-selling of related product(s).
- Physically locating/picking order once product order has been finalized.
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment.
- Assisting with the overflow of sales calls.
- Assisting the Shipping/Receiving Department with storing product/inventory.
- Other duties as required.
- High School Diploma required.
- Up to 1 year of related experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office required.
- Experience using inventory software preferred.
Sonepar Canada thanks all applicants who apply, however only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Sonepar is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes submissions from all candidates.