Gescan, a leader in the distribution of electrical supplies and equipment with 24 branches spanning throughout British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario, is looking for a self-motivated and results-oriented OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE to join our team and be a part of an exciting business unit within Gescan.
Responsible for generating sales with existing customers and developing opportunities with new customers within assigned territory.
- Scheduling appointments and visiting existing customers to review product needs and determining other opportunities.
- Providing product quotes as required.
- Organizing and attending joint sales calls with Vendors.
- Opening new accounts.
- Continuously updating customers on product changes and modifications.
- Providing solutions to customers’ problems.
- Attending Trade Shows and Conferences (if applicable).
- Product introduction of new releases.
- Liaising between customers and the company for up-to-date status of service, pricing and new product release launches.
- Preparing reports for marketing and sales and keeping expense accounts.
- Performing maintenance and updating of customers’ accounts including contact names for future sales.
- Keeping up to date on new products, services, procedures and tools by attending training and departmental meetings
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years related experience.
- High School Diploma required.
- Post Secondary courses in Sales and/ or Marketing an asset.
- Product knowledge or industry experience an asset.
Sonepar Canada thanks all applicants who apply, however only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Sonepar is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes submissions from all candidates.