Gescan, a leader in the distribution of electrical supplies and equipment with 24 branches spanning throughout British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario, is looking for a self-motivated and results-oriented WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE to join our team and be a part of an exciting business unit within Gescan.
Responsible for providing general warehouse assistance in accordance with the position requirements and safety standards
- Completing the Pre-shift inspection for forklift, including battery maintenance.
- Maintaining safety compliance when operating the forklift.
- Reporting any unsafe work conditions that might occur.
- Order picking.
- Putting stock away in appropriate locations.
- Operating scanning gun.
- Stocking empty reels.
- Processing orders as they are received.
- Ensuring correct cable is cut to order requirements.
- Assisting with general cleaning of work environment.
- Participating in re-certification for forklift operation, as required.
- Other duties as required
- High School Diploma required.
- Up to 2 years related experience preferred.
- First Aid Certification preferred.
- WHMIS Certification preferred.
- Forklift Certification required
Sonepar Canada thanks all applicants who apply, however only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Sonepar is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes submissions from all candidates.