Gescan provides leading automation and control solutions in OEM and industrial spaces, including cybersecurity, enclosures, Ethernet products, industrial computers, industrial monitors, motor controls, operator interfaces, Programmable Logic Controllers, safety products, sensors, software, and surge suppression. Our secure control solutions boost productivity, maintain system availability, and protect valuable operational information and customer data. Today’s connected industries look to our partners and us to help protect their system investments, reduce operational risk, and protect the environment. Working in a wide range of sectors, we are committed to providing reliable products and helping deploy them securely.
Looking for resources or guidance?
The PROFICY Machine Edition Logic Developer (PLC for Rx3i and VersaMax) Level 1 course familiarizes students with the control logic development tool suite used to program the entire family of Emerson industrial control hardware. Emphasis is given to understanding and operating in the development environment, understanding available logic development options, generating programs using the ladder logic language option and communicating with control target(s). Our experienced instructor guides students using demonstrations and hands-on lab exercises to prepare them to develop control solutions.
Who should attend:
This course provides the opportunity for individuals who are or will be involved in the programming, operation and/or troubleshooting of control systems developed using PROFICY Machine Edition Logic Developer (PLC). The course is designed for electrical technicians, electricians, and programmers beginning to work with PROFICY Machine Edition (PLC), who will be tasked with developing, modifying and maintaining PLC programs.
Participants should be comfortable operating in an MS Windows environment and have basic understanding of electrical/control fundamentals.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
• Describe Control System Architecture & Operational Fundamentals.
• Describe Basic System Operation & Components.
• Establish and utilize communications to the Controller.
• Create a new project.
• Expand Controllers and describe Specialty Modules.
• Create a new Ladder Logic Program.
• Explain Relay and Contact Logic Elements.
• Explain Timer and Counter Functions.
• Work with Numbers in Relational and Arithmetic Operations.
• Work with Data Move and Numerical Operations.
• Work with bit operations.
• Describe some Advanced Programming Concepts, such as User Defined Function Blocks.
• Create Hardware Configuration for local racks and remote, Profinet I/O.
Course Length: 3.5 days, Monday - Thursday
Hours: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Cost: $2,000 per student
Supports up to 10 students.
Request a quote for on-site training.